We leave for Alaska in about three weeks!!! Eeeeeeek!!!!
And our To Do list is growing as our time is shrinking.
Happily, most of our To Do list is of the “fix up, clean up” variety. Our rig “Gru” is in great shape now after getting six new injectors in the engine and a new set of rear shocks last week. Our bank account is in far less great shape!
Between now and May 9th, we’ll focus on maintenance for Gru and our tow car (Bob). Stuff like checking tires (Gru) and replacing tires (Bob). Yukon will complete oil changes, state inspections for tag renewal, and check all the fluids in both vehicles.
Then we have a lot of cleaning and fixing stuff:
- Full body wash/wax for both Gru and Bob
- Steam clean carpets in Gru
- Vacuum out Bob
- Clean windows inside and out (both)
- Change oil and filter on our Onan generator
- Fix flange in the commode
- Move Hobbes’ scratching post to a more usable location (so he’ll stop using the couch arm!!!!)
- Securing the new file cabinet we got from my dad (thanks, Dad!)
- Re-installing the solar hot water pump (we’ll be using a lot of solar in Alaska)
Then there’s the miscellaneous stuff to take care of as we are prepping to drive to Alaska:
- Going through all of our drawers and cabinets to get rid of anything we aren’t using.
- Cleaning out the bays and getting rid of anything we’re not using.
- Stocking up on essentials that might be harder to get in Alaska.
- Purchasing a cell phone booster so we *hopefully* get great coverage at the campground.
- Purchasing the AMAZING Milepost 2018 book so make the most of our time while we’re in Alaska.
We have a long list of places we want to revisit since both of us have been to Alaska before. But we want to know what YOU want to see in Alaska!